Post-Doctoral Fellow – Crop Disease Geo-Spatial / Data Scientist at CIMMYT
CIMMYT seeks an innovative, self-motivated, and results-oriented candidate for the position of Crop Disease Geo-Spatial / Data Scientist (Post-Doctoral Fellow) to work on improving maize and wheat agri-food systems in sub-Saharan Africa and other parts of the developing world.
- Contribute to the development of analytical models for crop disease early warning and forecasting.
- Development and support for data collection tools via mobile devices.
- Integration of data from multiple sources, e.g. disease surveys, crowd-sourcing tools, diagnostics data, remote sensing and geospatial data.
- Database management and development of information products related to disease early warning and forecasting.
- Provide technical support and capacity building for national partners.
- Provide support to the development of project proposals and reports.
- Produce peer-reviewed research articles.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.