7th call for Short Term Scientific Missions (STSM) of the COST Action EuroXanth
7th call for Short Term Scientific Missions (STSM) of the COST Action EuroXanth: Integrating science on Xanthomonadaceae for integrated plant disease management in Europe:
- Live visualization and characterization of Xanthomonas virulence activity
- Fortifying plant disease diagnostics with whole genome sequencing for emerging Xylella fastidiosa
- Towards a new MLSA typing scheme of clade-1 xanthomonads and identification of a type III effector causing a non-host hypersensitive response
- Characterization of new type VI effectors in Xanthomonas
- Deciphering the contribution of Xanthomonas campestris type III effectors to immune suppression
We invite interested researchers to apply for a STSM fellowship. The EuroXanth COST Action will provide, once positively evaluated, STSM grants to visiting scientists, which will cover most of the expenses related to travel, accommodation and meals, following the general guidelines for STSM grants. On the other hand, the hosting institutes have ensured to have sufficient resources for the projects.
To apply for a STSM project, please send the following documents before April 26, 2020, to the STSM Coordinator (Dr Monika Kałużna, email@example.com) and to the Chair (Dr Ralf Koebnik, firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Letter of motivation, including a statement that your institute will support your application;
- Curriculum vitae, incl. list of most relevant publications and other outputs (max. 3 pages).
Considering the COVID-19 pandemic and its unpredictable dynamics we will try our best to meet all expectations and we will be very flexible with respect to the schedule of the STSMs. However, since this COST Action will end at March 15, 2021, all STSMs need to end before February 7, 2021. For more information, please check the website.