SEF signs an agreement with the journal PLANTS MDPI
Plants (ISSN 2223-7747; Impact Factor: 2.632) is an open access journal of plant science. Our aim is to encourage scientists and research groups to publish theoretical and experimental results of research in all fundamental and applied fields of plant science. Plants is indexed by the Science Citation Index Expanded (Web of Science), BIOSIS Previews (Clarivate Analytics), Scopus and other important databases. Citations are available in PubMed and full-text are archived in PubMed Central. Manuscripts are peer-reviewed and a first decision provided to authors approximately 13.7 days after submission; acceptance to publication is undertaken in 5.8 days (median values for papers published in 2018)
Benefits for the Spanish Phytopathological Society (SEF):
1) A 10% discount * on the article processing charges to all society members to publish in Plants;
2) Possibility to set up dedicated Special Issues related to the society conferences, to include selected papers published in open access form, at a discounted fee. The Special Issue can be printed in book format, e‐book can be downloaded for free, and hardcover can be ordered;
3) Publication of full conference proceeding in the journal Proceedings at preferential rates;
4) Meeting reports of society conferences will be published for free in Plants;
5) The possibility to publish open access books and book series at discounted rates. Published books can be downloaded for free and printed versions can be ordered at a price;
6) Sciforum.net platform for organizing the society conferences and conference organising services at preferential rates. The society as well as each individual member can use this platform free of charge if self-managed;
7) Promotion of the conferences on the journal website;
8) Plants will sponsor different activities at the society conferences (e.g., keynote speaker, travel grant for PhD students or Postdocs, best poster awards, coffee breaks, etc.) depending on the annual marketing budget of the journal;
9) The possibility to advertise society news on the website of the journal, its social media channels and newsletters;
10) The possibility for the society and its members to post job announcements free of charge on the website of Plants;
11) Promotion of the society to all Spanish authors submitting to Plants, thus helping increase the society’s visibility and hopefully attracting more members to the society.
* If authors’ institutions are part of the MDPI Institutional Open Access Program and already enjoy a discount, the highest discount will apply. Discounts cannot be cumulated.